Iced Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 cups McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Clabber Girl® Baking Soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 ½ tablespoons cream, milk or water
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats to a blender and pulse to get a variety of textures.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the oats, flour, soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the butter on medium-high for 30 seconds. Add the brown and granulated sugar and mix until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, then add the oat and flour mixture to the butter and egg mixture.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the cookies sit for 5 minutes.
- To create the icing, combine the powdered sugar with the milk or cream. Whisk until the icing is somewhat thick.
- Put the icing in a bowl, and quickly dip the tops of the cookies into the icing.
- Set the dipped cookie on the rack until the icing has set
- Store cookies in the refrigerator.