- Lightly grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Melt butter, sugar and syrup together in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Press mixture into the baking dish and smooth the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for about 20 minutes or until just golden brown.
- Remove from oven and loosen around the edges with a knife. Allow to cool.
- To finish: Melt the chocolate chips and butter together and spread over the baked bars, while still in the dish. Allow to cool and chocolate to set. Mark into fingers or squares and decorate with cherries. Remove from dish when chocolate has fully hardened.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.