- Yield: 6 Servings
- Delicious Apple Crisp.
- 3/4 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 lb apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven 350°F. Lightly grease an 8″ square baking dish.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the oatmeal, coconut and cinnamon and stir to combine. With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until crumb mixture is brown and the fruit bubbles.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.