- Pour boiling water over oatmeal and stir. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Next, add butter and mix until melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the cake and stir until well blended.
- Pour into a well greased 9″ x 9″ baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all the topping ingredients in a small saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- When cake is baked, remove from oven and pour topping over hot cake.
- Allow to cool before serving.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.