- Pour the boiling water over the oatmeal; let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sugars and butter. Stir until butter melts.
- Add the eggs and mix in well.
- Mix in flour, baking soda and baking cocoa.
- Now add about half the pack of semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix in.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Sprinkle walnuts (if used) and remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 40 minutes approx. or until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.