- Yield: 8 Servings
- Delicious Fish Cakes.
- 1 cup canned tuna or salmon (drained)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup cold mashed potato
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- seasoning to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Place fish in a bowl and flake with a fork. Add the chopped onion, potato, parsley, egg yolk and seasoning and combine well together.
- Form into 6 round cakes and leave to chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Dust each cake with the flour. Beat the egg and dip the cakes in this, then roll in the oatflakes. Chill again.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and cook the fish cakes for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s® Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.