McCann’s® Oatmeal Banana Bread
- Yield: 14 Servings
- Delicious McCann's Oatmeal Banana Bread.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup candied (citrus) peel
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg gradually and mix well, beating all the time. Mix in the mashed banana. Combine the flour, oatmeal, baking powder and salt. Add this to the creamed mixture and stir well. Add the nuts and the candied peel.
- Spread the mixture into a greased loaf tin (10 x 5 x 2-1/2 inches approx.). Bake at 350°F for about 45 minutes. Insert a skewer into the center of the bread-if it comes out clean, the bread is cooked.
- When the bread is cool, put the bread on a wire tray and cover with a clean tea cloth.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.