- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium sized oven proof skillet (preferably stainless steel) over medium heat, add the olive oil. Let it heat 1-2 minutes, then add the onions and garlic. Sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paprika and red pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and water; stir with a wooden spoon. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the oats. Cook 20 minutes (oats will not be fully cooked).
- Crack the eggs evenly spaced on top of the oat-tomato mixture. Sprinkle the feta on top. Place in the oven uncovered and bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Feta cheese can be swapped for parmesan or white cheddar for equally delicious results.
Cooking the oats in the tomato sauce saves time and adds flavor to the oats.
For a more browned top, place the skillet under the broiler for 1-2 minutes.