Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice Cookies
Yield: Makes roughly 20 total cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Spice Cookies
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, pumpkin spice, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and white sugar together until fully mixed.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Blot and dry the canned pumpkin puree to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Then, beat the pumpkin into the butter mixture with a mixer.
- Switching to low speed, mix the dry ingredients into the pumpkin batter.
- Mix in the oats.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- When ready, preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Using a large spoon and a pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter, scoop the dough into balls and press into the mold until flat. Each cookie should be roughly 2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheets.
- Bake the cookies 1 sheet at a time on the middle rack of the preheated oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie tray for at least 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Use white or orange store-bought icing to outline and decorate the cooled, finished treats!