Spiced Oatmeal Pancakes
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 10 Servings
- A variation on the classic buttermilk pancake, made with delicious quick cook oats and spices.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Clabber Girl® Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Spice Islands® Fine Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Spice Islands® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil, Melted
- 2 large eggs
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Next, slowly add in the wet ingredients making sure that there are no lumps in the batter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or medium saute pan over medium to medium high heat. Measure roughly ¼ cup of batter per pancake and pour onto the heated griddle/pan. Once the pancake starts to bubble in the middle and the bottom is lightly browned, flip pancake over and continue cooking until brown and fully set in the middle.
- Remove from griddle and top with maple syrup, butter, or fruit.