Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal for Two
- Cook Time: 12 Minutes
- Yield: 2 Servings
- Blueberry Coconut Oatmeal for Two
- 2c. Coconut Milk
- 2c. Water
- 1c. McCann’s® Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- 1tsp. Spice Islands® Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1tbsp. Ground Flaxseed
- 1tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 3tbsp. Maple Grove® Pure Maple Syrup
- ¾c. Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Add the coconut milk and water to a small sauce pan on the stove, on high heat. Bring to a boil
- Add in McCann’s Steel Cut Oats and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir frequently.
- After roughly 10 minutes, add in the cinnamon, flaxseed, chia seeds and blueberries.
- Once the oatmeal mixture begins to thicken, add in the maple syrup. Stir well, and continue cooking until done.
- Divide into two bowls, and top with oat milk, toasted coconut flakes, and any other toppings you desire. Enjoy!