- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the butter. Cook until brown and toasty, 5-6 minutes (careful not to burn). Add the oats and toast in the brown butter, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Cook until the oats are just-tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven until soft and lightly caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- To serve, place oats in a bowl, top with the cauliflower and hazelnuts. Garnish with parsley.
Toasting the oats in brown butter is an easy way to give them a rich, savory flavor.
Roast cauliflower (or any vegetable, like carrots, sweet potatoes or broccoli) while oats are cooking so everything comes together at the same time.
Nuts add a nice crunch and texture to the dish. Hazelnuts are a classic pairing with brown butter, but you can use cashews, peanuts, oats – whatever suits your taste.