Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Yield: 10 Servings
- Perfect for kiddos, these chewy bars filled with dark chocolate, peanut butter chips, and cereal krispies can be whipped together in a pinch.
- 2 1/2 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 2 cup Rice Cereal
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Fine Mediterranean Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 1/2 tsp Additional Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Additional Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Combine oats and rice cereal into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine honey, ½ cup coconut oil, brown sugar, and salt. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until all of the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes, then add vanilla.
- Once the sugar mixture is ready, pour over the oat mixture in the large bowl and mix thoroughly. After combining thoroughly, wait 2 minutes for the mixture to cool before adding the chocolate chunks and peanut butter chips.
- Transfer granola mixture to an 8×8 baking dish lined with lightly greased parchment and firmly press the granola into the pan. Take the remaining coconut oil and chocolate chunks and melt in a small saucepan over low heat. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the granola. Refrigerate for 1½ hours so the bars can firm. Once ready, remove the block from the refrigerator and cut into 10 bars.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.