- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add the flour and oatmeal and mix together to form a dough (it may be a bit crumbly).
- In a separate bowl, combine the juice and zest with the condensed milk.
- Grease a 13″ x 9″ baking pan and press about two thirds of the dough into the base.
- Next, spread the milk and juice mixture over the top of the dough.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough over the top like a streusel.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30-35 minutes until golden in color.
- When cool, cut into 1-inch squares.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCanns® Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCanns Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCanns Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCanns Steel Cut Irish Oats.