McCann’s® Oatmeal Pancakes
- Yield: 12 Servings
- Delicious McCann's Oatmeal Pancakes.
- 1 1/4 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 1 plain low fat yogurt
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tsp honey or sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine oats, plain yogurt, skim milk and honey. Stir in flours, baking soda and salt. Add beaten eggs and mix well. Add chopped walnuts. Batter will be thick.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet or griddle over a medium heat. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle for each pancake. Cook until bottoms are browned and bubbles on top start to pop, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until other sides are browned, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Add additional milk if batter becomes too thick.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and/or fresh fruit.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.