Skip to content
Oatmeal Biscuits with Hot Honey Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Spice Islands Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Spice Islands Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup butter (cold)
- 1 cup McCann’s Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons hot honey (see below)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons hot honey
- Hot Honey
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tsp dried chilies
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use parchment paper to cover a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ground cloves.
- Cut in butter using a pastry knife (or your fingers) until crumbly.
- Stir in oats, milk and hot honey and mix until moistened.
- Move to well floured work space and pat out to about 1/2-3/4 inch thick. Cut with 2 1/2 inch floured biscuit cutter. Rework dough and cut more biscuits. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Stir together melted butter and honey. Using a pastry brush lightly coat tops of biscuits with honey butter.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Add honey and chilies to a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, remove from heat and stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Cool to room temperature and transfer to a glass container straining out peppers if desired.