Skip to content
Oatmeal Mint Cookie Sandwiches
Cook Time: 7-9 min
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 3-6 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Clabber Girl Baking Powder
- teaspoon Spice Islands Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, add cream cheese and butter, beat with electric mixer until creamy.
- Add peppermint and vanilla extracts and thoroughly combine.
- Slowly add powdered sugar and mix with a spatula.
- Add in milk and food coloring, whisk to combine.
- Melt butter and chocolate, stir to incorporate and smooth.
- Add sugar gradually, then whisk in eggs and vanilla extract.
- Sift dry ingredients, and add to the chocolate mixture. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Roll teaspoons of dough into balls; then roll into powdered sugar. Bake 7-9 minutes.
- Once cooled, pipe the frosting between two cookies