Tabbouleh with Oatmeal
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Delicious Tabbouleh with Oatmeal.
- 1 1/2 cup McCann’s® Traditional Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal
- 3 cup boiling water
- 2 cup diced, peeled tomatoes, well drained
- 1 cup diced kirby cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Place oats in a heat-proof container. Cover with boiling water. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes until tender but not gummy. Drain off excess liquid.
- When well drained, combine with tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, mint and parsley. When well combined, stir in olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to meld.
- Serve as a side dish with romaine leaves or Middle Eastern bread.