McCann’s® Irish Oatmeal Cookies
- Yield: 30 Servings
- Delicious McCann's Irish Oatmeal Cookies.
- 1 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar, Granulated
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 3 cup McCann’s® Quick Cooking Rolled Irish Oats
- 3 /4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oatmeal, raisins and walnuts.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°F. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire cooling rack.
You can substitute ¼ cup of the total quantity of Quick Cooking Irish Oats called for in your recipes with ¼ cup of McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats. For example, if the recipe calls for 1 cup of McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats you would use ¾ cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Irish Oats along with ¼ cup of prepared* McCann’s Steel Cut Irish Oats.